Happy December, friends!!
I can't believe we are less than a month away from 2021! With that being said, lets end the year 2020 on a high note!
Hopefully by now, y'all are busy holiday shopping and prepping for Christmas day. As per your requests taken from my instagram poll, this guide will involve both Disney AND fitness items! You can shop the items listed below via the active links. Comment on this post if you see any gifts you like or are going to buy for others!
I hope you enjoy shopping, and I'm sending you a big holiday hug!
comfy cozy items
First on my list is this amazing blanket by Barefoot Dreams. Their Disney Collection features designs from Lion King, Toy Story, Winnie the Pooh, and of course - Mickey Mouse. My personal favorite is this Cinderella Blanket that says "No Sleep 'Til Midnight". I'm a lover of all things princess and cozy, so naturally this is on the top of my list! Barefoot Dreams also has apparel and accessories for every family member!
Next up is a favorite outerwear brand of mine: Columbia . This Mickey Mouse collaboration on a pullover hoodie is super chic for both men and women. My favorite is the white pullover with the Mickey sketches, but it is nearly sold out in all sizes. The good news: there are four different colors to choose from! This is a great item to wear on outdoor hikes, runs, or bike rides! Fun items available in kids sizes as well!
I must admit, I have a recent obsession with all things retro and vintage Disney. When I first discovered JoandCoGoods I was instantly drawn to their jewelry items. The brand has now expanded to selling "threads", where you can shop the coziest vintage inspired crewnecks. I sized up and bought the monorail sweatshirt for myself and a couple of family members. I literally never want to take the thing off! It's the perfect item to wear during a Disney travel day, or at home while watching Disney Plus!
Another obvious favorite of both children and adults, is the Disney x LYM Collection . If you aren't familiar with Love Your Melon, then definitely make sure to check out their story and mission to end pediatric cancer. My current favorites from their Disney collection are the Black Pom Pom Mickey Ears beanie and the Frozen inspired blue beanie! They also sell masks and clothing! It's a thoughtful gift that helps aid in the battle against childhood cancers.
My next item is a brand I discovered a few years back while shopping at Disney Springs: Stance Socks! They have the coolest and most unique socks which can be bought separately or in a box set! Perfect for both men and women, I'm really digging their classic Disney character designs. They also have holiday designs, a few of which I bought as stocking stuffers! They have casual fit socks or styles for athletic performance. Who doesn't love the gift of a good sock? As long as it's not handmade from your Great Aunt. ;)
Next up on my holiday gift guide are some of my favorite fitness items that I've either purchased in the past for myself or have gifted to others!
To kick off this section of the gift guide, I'm going to start with my favorite yoga mats! Now that we all workout at home for the most part, we all need a special place to lay down our mat and practice yoga, stretching, and/or strength training. These mantra inspired yoga mats by AJ Love Yoga are durable, beautifully designed, and fit any type of workout space aesthetic. My favorites are the "Warrior" and "I Am" mats in lite.
Next up is my Barbell I purchased from BodyRock over the summer. The BodyRock Sculpt Bar came with a bar and a set of plates equaling 35 lbs. The shipping was fast and the bar is perfect for my at-home workouts. They also sell plenty of functional equipment for any fitness fanatic and almost always run a good sale! Right now they have amazing offers going on through the month of December. I highly recommend their products, and if the item you want is unavailable, make sure to ad yourself to their email list! That's how I got my barbell!
I feel it completely necessary to add running shoes to this mix! Have you seen the new Run Merry Collection by Brooks?! Or the new gold Hokas?! Sneaker brands have really stepped up their game this holiday season, and us runners are here for it. Shown below are two of my favorites. You can never go wrong with Brooks for durability and support, while Hoka is king of comfort and now, STYLE!! Give the gift of the perfect pair of running shoes this year! Glass slippers are also acceptable gifts. ;)
Next up, I have to give a shoutout to my favorite small shop for fitness AND function!! Crowned Athletics is a stylish athleisure brand perfect for any workout princess! The styles of the tank tops model Disney princess favorites such as Belle, Sleeping Beauty, and Cinderella to name a few! Recently the brand has branched out to fitness gear along with stunning designs on headbands, scrunchies, and bras! I ordered my Fitness Princess Workout Band back when the pandemic started, and I can honestly say it's been quite a game changer on leg and booty day! Plus, taking part in #CrownedCrewChallenges has been a great way to stay active and keep in touch with the runDisney community! Shop small and lift mighty, princesses!
Something that has helped me a lot while working out at home has been accountability. I've always been a fan of the app SWEAT, but if you're someone who likes following a week to week plan, you can choose from plenty of programs whether at home or in the gym. If you have a family member who loves to workout and is looking for a workout mixup without breaking the bank, set them up with this monthly membership! They can decide between HIIT, strength, yoga, barre, and post-pregnancy programs! Plus, there are so many fun challenges to help you step up your fitness game. I love this workout app, and it has been constantly growing to fit every type of modern woman. Also, it's perfect for the person who doesn't enjoy wrapping gifts. :)
This next item isn't entirely fitness related, but it has easily been my best purchase of 2020. A fully functional tripod that can extend, rotate, and support my phone at all hours of the day has been a HUGE help for me this year. I never knew how badly I needed a tripod until I got one, and I know I'm not alone here! Mine is a UBeeSize Selfie Tripod with bluetooth capability and can easily be adjusted up to 51". I use this tripod for workouts, facetimes, zoom conferences, social media, and so much more. I even meal prep while watching youtube videos or Disney plus, and I no longer have to set my phone up against a book or tupperware container LOL. Definitely a functional gift for anyone who needs to step up their tech game. It's also perfect as a stocking stuffer!
The final gift for my fitness portion of this guide, is from the brand Lasting Commemoratives. This company makes innovative products to show off your hard-earned running medals and race day memories. I first found them via runDisney, and have wanted a display case of theirs ever since. This is the quintessential runDisney commemorative item for any runDisney fanatic. I know that if I were to personally receive this as a present, I would do a backflip in excitement. Their frames are beautifully crafted and perfect to display your greatest running achievements. The runDisney items in particular are so gorgeous for a display in your home office or gym. Tie a big bow on top with a pair of Mickey Ears and call it a day for this one!
One of my favorite type of gifts to give and receive are the ones that provide solace and comfort during the holidays or any day of the year. Along with great skincare items, I've also noted what I call "feel good items" in this section of my guide!
1. Farmacy Beauty: This skincare brand is quickly becoming my number 1 go-to for dewy clean skin that is fragrance free and is cruelty free. I love their Honeymoon Glow Serum, Daily Greens Moisturizer, and Green Clean Makeup Removing Balm. They currently have the cutest mini gift sets available for purchase on their website and Sephora. The six piece gift set is perfect for the health conscious beauty in your life!
2. Laneige Lip Set: I was first introduced to this brand by my cousin, Carrie, who swore up and down that the lip mask was the best overnight gloss for thirsty lips. Now that the winter months are here, I'm all about dimnishing the appearance of dry lips. While running outside, it's easy to fall into the chapped lips trap, but the Laneige Lip masks are by far the best I've tried! Also available in gift sets, your beauty conscious babe will thank you for this one!
3. Supergoop Sunscreen: I didn't believe a sunscreen could be so magical until Supergoop Matte Sunscreen stepped on the scene. It's a mineral sunscreen that goes on the skin super smooth and leaves your skin looking poreless. The best part? No grease, no weird chemical smell, and it matifys your skin while protecting it against the sun. A must for runners, and definitely worth the splurge.
4. MyKitsch Microfiber Scrunchies: The ultimate girl gift, mykitsch microfiber scrunchies are so soft and help dry your hair in record time. These are perfect for a girlfriend who loves a good air dry messy bun!
5. Capri Blue Candles: If I could find the Island of Motunui and put it in a candle, it would be the Volcano Capri Blue. This candle smells like a mix of tropical flowers, the ocean, and a spa day all rolled into one. If you love spoiling yourself or a loved one, this candle is the safest bet. Nothing says treat yo'self like a candle!
6. Sol De Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Cream: An 8 oz little tub of the most amazing smelling body butter. Every time I wear this I get compliments! The scent is salted caramel, pistachio, and vanilla. It's perfect for pretending you're on a holiday in the sun! It smells good for hours, and doesn't leave a filmy residue on your skin. I highly recommend simply for the fact that it smells good enough to eat!
7. Facial Rollers: If you have someone in your life is new to perfecting their skincare, a gift set of facial rollers is perfect for giving them the best options while keeping the price low. I found this three set box of mini rollers on Sephora for the best price around! All three rollers bring their own unique energy to de-puff and rejuvenate your face. If you know they already have a love and respect for rollers, then I suggest the Rose Quartz facial roller in it's full size.
8. Olive&June Santa Baby Set: The amount of times I almost ordered this for myself is embarrassing. These beautiful Christmas colors are packaged together for a holiday full of seasons cheer. There are individual nail colors, seasonal sets, and even a choose your polish at home manicure set! Who doesn't love a self-care nail set? The perfect gift for a BFF.
Well you guys, you've made it to the end of my Holiday Gift Guide for 2020! I have sooo many more ideas, and I'm sure I'll want to edit this multiple times once I'm done (HA)! Let me know if you enjoyed this blog post or if you plan on getting any of these items! They really are the best out there, and I'd be more than happy to answer any questions you may have about them!
If you read this post, please be sure to give me a shoutout on Instagram, and let me know what's on your gift guide for this holiday season!
Happy Holidays, loves!